Sunday, September 18, 2016

What A Coinkydink!

I love love love quotes! I believe it was last year that I downloaded the DailyQuote app, and I made it a day-to-day thing to check these quotes every morning. I always look forward to what the quote will be because it is never the same, and I always try to make meaning of these quotes as my day unfolds. Sometimes it is not until the end of the day or sometimes after a week that my life events will align or be similar to what was phrased in the quote. I find it very cool and motivational at times that a quote can almost be speaking to you and it feels as if they know what you are going through. For instance, last week I felt as though my life was tearing apart and that I would not be able to pick myself back up, and I believe it was the following day the quote was "However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at" -Stephen Hawking. Not only did this tell me that yes, life is difficult, this saying also encouraged me that I can do something about it and that I will succeed. Today's quote coincidentally correlated with something I was reading. The quote of the day is "Just as ripples spread out when a single pebble is dropped into water, the actions of individuals can have far-reaching effects." -Dalai Lama. As I was reading an article online there was a kindness tip of the day which read "There is opportunity for kindness around every corner, and no act of kindness is too small. Any small act of generosity can create a ripple effect and make someone's day. Seize those opportunities and take those extra few moments to compliment someone or ask about their day." Not only was ripples mentioned in both pieces, but the primary intent of both is to say how one's action is never to small and any action at all may just cause widespread effects. I like it! Our actions can do the unthinkable and comparing it to a ripple makes it even merrier! I said domino effect they say ripple effect both signify the exact same thing! Keep spreading magnificent intentions!
          

No comments:

Post a Comment