Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Big Question Discipline(s)

Revisiting my big question, I very much want to know why does the world account for time? How was time invented in the first place and why has it stayed this way? How has the universe become what it is resulting from this concept of time and what happens if we changed this concept by having no time? In other words, a world of no limits and perhaps more freedom or more chaos? To state the obvious, time can be derived looking all the way back to when people used the sun and the moon as ways of tracking the day - eventually leading to the creation of the calendar. Even simpler, time can be seen by that clock sitting on the wall in front of you just ticking away like nobody's business. I know that time ultimately is based upon the cosmos. To demonstrate this cosmological time think about night time approaching and the sky turning darker as each hour passes. If we had infinite time per se the sky will always be lit up and there wouldn't be any cycle or pattern that humans would be able to follow. What I also know about time is that it has become a significant subject in history, science, and religion. We started tracking time back when? I don't know, but I'll leave that up to history! As for religion, time becomes crucial when wanting to figure out the creation and end time. Time has a play in evolution, and I guess I'm essentially wanting to see how time (if changed in any ways) would affect the future of an expanding universe. This much transcends into the study of the future know as futurology. Time is such an interesting topic, and one that I am looking forward to further investigating in. I mean we are all living with time around us, but never have I stopped to think about the what if's and what time really means to people.
How ironic can this be? Time is mysterious, yet we do not have the time to be mysterious......

No comments:

Post a Comment