Saturday, August 27, 2016

What Is Happening At This Moment?

When you awake from your nap and find your mother checking your temperature! 101.5 degrees and striped of blankets - shivering and pleading to be at least under one thin cover! Proclaiming that I'll freeze to death if not allowed to blanket myself. Nope, never the case when you have a nurse in the house (my mom)! Miserable, miserable, and did I mention just MISERABLE! Who ever likes getting sick? Under no circumstances is it fun to fall ill, especially when you are trying to accomplish things! For the last three days or so, all you see and hear at school was tissues out on desks, sniffling, sneezing, the blowing of noses, coughing, runny eyes, and everything else that shows signs of a fever πŸ”₯ and cold ❄️. I knew it would hit me! At this point, there was no way of escaping or preventing the wave from attacking me as my immune system is down/weakened over the years. Pooooh! Going to have to make a change if I want to get better anytime soon.
I never got the FLU before (or at least as a teenager), and so when I did get it last year I felt like I was dyyyying. I would try and get up to do homework, but that was never going to happen! The couch, salty Campbell soup, television, trash bin, and about three rolls of toilet paper were my best friends for those weeks of being sick. I was on bed rest for 10 days to be exact, and truly took that opportunity to unwind and get some relaxation in. However, I knew what was coming! When I returned to school, all was great with teachers and students welcoming me back and relieved to see that I was better. Downside, soooooo much catching up to do!!! Let me rephrase that. It was homework and work GALORE when I returned because we were in the month of AP testing. People that I know of and friends of mine struggle to miss two/three days, let only ten! Thankfully, people are understanding, or you shall hope they are, because that is how I was able survive and keep going! WE ARE ALL HUMANS, so put yourself in someone's shoes before you say, make or do something to them. How did this flu story come about and why am I even talking about.............. I am not too sure myself - it is sick mode taking over. :p
Anywho, another thing I can say about the great that comes from being sick is that you get your own personal space!!! Hallelujah! It is much desired in this tiny household, filled with screaming children. Everyone tries to avoid you as much as possible so they do not catch the virus, and it just happens to work out nicely! Like now!!!! My sister has temporarily moved out to sleep in another room, so I finally get the whole bed to myself! Sooooo happy!!! :D It guarantees no arm swings to the face, kicks to the gut, and just a great nights rest I will be able to get.
If you have read to this part now, I salute you! Who would be reading a story about sickness...... well apparently you and I thank you for that!

The thing to remember is always know that PEOPLE ARE UNDERSTANDING and you will get through it because YOU ARE NOT ALONE MY FRIEND!

#SicknessHasPrevailed #EverythingGetsBetter #MouthBreather
#LaggingToTakeThis foulTastingTheraFlu #GreatTimeToReadMyLitAnalysisBook #IGetTheBedToMyself

Feel free to share a story of the time you were sick or a hashtag in the comment section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment