Thursday, August 25, 2016

I Can Read!

Challenge accepted! I thoroughly enjoyed such undertaking! I wish all my homework assignments would be so simple and fun to do. I mean there is nothing to dislike about reading a Dr. Seuss book with tongue twisters for about five minutes. It has been "decades" since I read a Dr. Seuss book and tested my reading speed, and what a splendid way to bring back the two for this one assignment (which was to read Fox In Socks by Dr. Seuss, as fast as you could, trying to make the fewest mistakes, whilst attempting to beat Dr. Preston's time and errors he had set)! During the take, yes, Siri unexpectedly decided to pop up, but that did not bother me and it would not stop me from continuing to finish the book.....ALWAYS REMEMBER TO JUST KEEP SWIMMING. There was one take that I clearly recall, and that was when my father told me "You are having fun there, aren't you?" I could only stop to start chuckling. There is something about actually having the book and illustrations in front of you, and being able to flip through the pages that make the reading experience more enjoyable (at least that is for me).  Therefore, having to read off a screen I felt was easier because you can view the words/sentences all at once. Nevertheless, what were my stats? I read Fox In Socks in 4 minutes, 13 seconds with 10 mistakes I believe. So although I beat Dr. Preston's time, I did make quite a few mistakes. But overall, much pleasure came out of this and success is mine!


No comments:

Post a Comment