Wednesday, August 17, 2016

"The Laughing Heart" Recital

To be honest, I was tremendously hesitant in doing and submitting this video.  I am extremely self conscious, and this is a huge leap for me! It was not my intention to dress as so, be in such setting, have the hair style that I did, etc. In fact, I just got out of volleyball practice, was icing my back, and was waiting in the parking lot of FoodsCo! It was now or never. I knew that when I get home, I would not be able to complete this recital so why not? Why not take this opportunity, bust out the phone, and start recording? And so here it is... Admittedly, this was such an interesting experience: I probably had several glances and people thinking "what is she doing" or "why is she suddenly acting goofy and singing" (my way of messing up and trying to come back getting ready for the next take); ice pack was falling down; and because I had no place holder for the phone and used the soft drink holder (which explains for the awkward camera angle), my phone would slip and fall in the midst of my recital and to the beginning I went again! I've come to realize that it shouldn't matter what others see or think of me. Heck, I probably looked like a weirdo to most people who saw me. In the end, what matters most to me is that I was able to conquer a fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment