Sunday, August 28, 2016

Introduction To My Satire

For my satire project I will be addressing the influences of the mass media and the increase of its daily usage. It is a social condition that is greatly talked about, yet nobody is doing anything to put an end to this dilemma. As a matter of fact, I see our generation encouraging the use of media. It is as though the world has said one thing, but strays away from it - not resolving the problem or merely getting anywhere near to settling this complication. Consequently, I would love to do something that might change the minds of and/or inspire my fellow classmates or whoever comes across this blog.

I believe the most effective medium for my satire will be the use of Prezi, PowerPoint, or some type of visual as well as some writing incorporated sort of presentation. I believe in any case, unless someone is able to relate to the writing or find it shocking/humorous/vivid/horrendous/etc. that make the writing memorable to that person, pictures will stick in a persons mind better than words would. Better yet, a few words with pictures together would make my project stand out and unforgettable to people, and that is my aim!

The most effective tone for my satire would have to be seriously laid out. In other words, I believe that in order to get my point across, a more stern approach would be best. I am not trying to write to fifth graders because they would totally disagree with what I would have to say and be in total denial. They would not even think of the consequences and only the great they get from being able to use and have electronics; therefore, I will be writing to a more sophisticated audience. I suspect that it is the adults to initiate a change. They are the ones to be allowing their children to view T.V. for some hours and be on the phone daily. Adults are more sensible and responsible for taking actions in their best interests, and will see the bigger picture at hand. As a result, they shall be more understanding of the topic, and will be able to make a difference in their life and, for all one knows, in the lives that surround them.

No comments:

Post a Comment