Sunday, October 30, 2016

Author In Progress

Well I think you can call this our first official writing assignment of the semester. For our wrap up test for Emerson we had to write three short answer responses and there was two extra options. I did not know you are recommended to do a pre-write for a short answer response. I mean I assume it's logical since you should at least do some type of pre-writing or thinking before you respond to a question or prompt. Overall, I did pretty well, but I know I have to work on something in particular because I continuously see myself faced with this situation in that I get carried away and I do not how to end what I was just writing. In other words, I need to be conscious of the time and be as concise as I could be and straight to the point. Because I surely do not have any fluff in my writing, but rather more details than necessary. Therefore, what I covered in three pages could've been done in two pages. I wouldn't be too worried about it this time around just because I was on a time crunch and I had to respond to five questions. So there was this type of mental pre-write, but I was just not organized in a way where everything flowed and was comprehensible. Now I know for next time straight to the point and trying to find a happy medium between details and thoughts with time into consideration. My journey awaits and I cnanot wait to better my writing as the year goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment